Welcome 2023-24 Board of Directors!
The new board term brings the annual change in President, several Directors assuming new leadership roles, and welcoming 8 new Directors.
The 2023-24 LAF Board of Directors began its term on October 27, 2023 at LAF's Annual Board Meeting and events in Minneapolis. Michael Grove, FASLA, of Sasaki became President, succeeding Roberto Rovira of Florida International University who led the organization during a time of significant growth as LAF expanded staff, successfully completed a capital campaign, and launched a new multi-faceted program for BIPOC students. Alma Du Solier of Hood Design Studio became President-Elect after two years of service as Vice President of Leadership.
Directors Margie Simmons, Emily McCoy, and Alexis Landes stepped into Vice President roles, while two other officers continue in their positions on the executive leadership team:
- Vice President of Finance: Margie Simmons, Landscape Forms
- Vice President of Development: Elaine Kearney, TBG
- Vice President of Research: Emily McCoy, FASLA, Design Workshop
- Vice President of Leadership: Alexis C. Landes, SCAPE
- Vice President of Education: Alpa Nawre, University of Florida
- Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Alexa Bush, The Kresge Foundation
Sierra Bainbridge of MASS Design Group, Natalia Beard of SWA, Connie Chung of HR&A Advisors, and Signe Nielsen, FASLA, of MNLA retired off the board at the end of their terms. Jennifer Engelke, PhD, of Virginia Tech rotated off after serving as an Olmsted Scholar representative. Eugenia M. Martin, FASLA, of The Ohio State University rotated off after serving in an Ex Officio capacity as the ASLA Representative. Thank you for your dedicated service!
Eight new Directors joined the LAF board, bringing experience and knowledge from a range of professional practice firms as well as municipal government. Nicholas Jabs, a 2018 LAF National Olmsted Scholar Finalist, was selected for the open Director position for Olmsted Scholars. ASLA Immediate Past President Emily O'Mahoney, FASLA, will serve as the ASLA representative.
Welcome to the new board members:
- Aida Curtis, Curtis + Rogers Design Studio
- Jerico Farfan, BrightView Design Group
- Diana Fernandez Bibeau, Boston Planning & Development Agency
- Rikerrious Geter, Studio Zewde
- Leah Hales, SWA
- Nicholas Jabs, PORT
- Emily O'Mahoney, FASLA, 2GHO
- Veronica Rivera, Field Operations
LAF is honored to work with this distinguished group and the range of talents and experiences they bring. We look forward to the year ahead as we begin our strategic planning process and continue to deliver programs and initiatives to increase the influence and impact of landscape architects!