The Living Architecture Performance Tool
Recording from live webinar on 4/23/18
Revolutionizing Green Roof and Wall Performance: The Living Architecture Performance Tool
The complexity of living architecture – green roofs and walls – has created many barriers to their widespread use, including inconsistent policy that is not aligned with performance objectives and designers and building owners not optimizing the wide range of benefits offered by these systems. The Living Architecture Performance Tool (LAPT) is a new rating system and resource created to assure stakeholders that living architecture projects will achieve certain measurable and replicable performance benefits, so they may be funded, designed, installed, and maintained with a higher degree of confidence. This webinar will introduce the LAPT, discuss its structure and compliance process, and identify the ways that different stakeholders might use the tool as it enters its pilot phase.
- Explore the various benefits of green roofs and green walls
- Learn about the compliance path and structure of the Living Architecture Performance Tool
- Identify the potential uses of the living architecture performance tool for policy makers, building owners, designers, or product manufacturers
- Learn how to get involved in the pilot phase of the program
David Yocca, FASLA
Board Chair, Green Infrastructure Foundation
Senior Landscape Architect/Ecological Planner, Conservation Design Forum
David has played a significant leadership role in a wide array of sustainable planning and design efforts over the past 30+ years. His focus on performance-based landscapes has guided him to serve on boards and committees of organizations like SITES and the Green Infrastructure Foundation, where he has co-led the development of the Living Architecture Performance Tool (LAPT).
Rohan Lilauwala, GRP
Program Manager, Green Infrastructure Foundation
Rohan has spent the past five years working on developing tools and resources to build capacity in the public and private sector around green infrastructure. He has played an integral role in the development of the Living Architecture Performance Tool, authoring white papers in areas of performance, and he currently manages the program.
Continuing Education Credits
This course is approved for 1.0 Continuing Education Credit (CEU) through the Green Roof Professional (GRP) accreditation and 1.0 Professional Development Hour (PDH) through the Landscape Architecture Continuing Education System (LA CES) and meets the health, safety and welfare requirements (HSW). To earn 1.0 PDH (LA CES/HSW):
- View the full webinar above.
- Complete the short quiz by following the link below. (You must score 75% or higher.)
- Wait ~2 weeks to receive your confirmation email once the quizzes are graded and results submitted to LA CES.