Speaking the Language of Real Estate Developers
LAF hosts live webinars in which guest presenters share innovative work and discuss timely issues. The recorded webinars are archived on LAF's website,and many can be viewed on demand to earn continuing education credits through LA CES (upon passing a 10-question quiz). To learn about upcoming webinars, subscribe to LAF communications.
LAF is able to make these resources freely available thanks to the financial support of individuals like you. If you find this webinar valuable, please consider making a one-time contribution or a recurring donation of $10 per month to help us cover hosting and administrative costs.
Recording from live webinar on 6/28/2019
Speaking the Language of Real Estate Developers: Translating and Communicating the Value of Landscape Architecture
Landscape architects can serve as powerful partners in creating places that generate a high return on investment but often don’t know how to express the value of their work in language compelling to developers. In this webinar, three experts offered insights on current real estate trends and how landscape architects can translate their work to build a business case for landscape solutions.
- Learn the language and terms commonly used by developers that relate to landscape architecture.
- Understand how to build a business case for the economic return on investment in your work.
- Learn about current trends in real estate development.
- Identify metrics relevant to developers who are interested in health/safety/welfare, environmental benefits, and social benefits.
Principal, HR&A Advisors
Connie is a leader in HR&A's nationwide planning and open space practice with expertise in implementation strategies for public-private partnerships. Core to her work is the pursuit of inclusive economic development.
Principal, GroundWork Development Company
As an independent design consultant, Steven integrates local values of economy, sustainability, culture, and human sensory into his work. Prior to his work as a consultant, he was a firm leader at Design Workshop.
President, Phillips Development Strategies
From 2009 to 2018, Patrick served as Global Chief Executive Officer of the Urban Land Institute. Prior to this role, his career focused on economic analysis of real estate and land use, including serving as CEO of ERA AECOM.
Continuing Education Credits
This course is approved for 1.0 Professional Development Hour (PDH) through the Landscape Architecture Continuing Education System (LA CES). To earn 1.0 PDH (LA CES):
- View the full webinar above.
- Complete the short quiz by following the link below. (You must score 75% or higher.)
- Wait ~2 weeks to receive your confirmation email once the quizzes are graded and results submitted to LA CES.
By completing this quiz, you are also signing up to receive newsletters and program announcements from LAF. You can edit your subscription preferences or unsubscribe at any time.