Speaking the Language of Real Estate Developers
Recording from live webinar on 6/28/2019
Speaking the Language of Real Estate Developers: Translating and Communicating the Value of Landscape Architecture
Landscape architects can serve as powerful partners in creating places that generate a high return on investment but often don’t know how to express the value of their work in language compelling to developers. In this webinar, three experts offer insights on how landscape architects can translate their work and reach their greatest potential.
- Learn the language and terms commonly used by developers that relate to landscape architecture.
- Understand how to build a business case for the economic return on investment in your work.
- Learn about current trends in real estate development.
- Identify metrics relevant to developers who are interested in health/safety/welfare, environmental benefits, and social benefits.
Principal, HR&A Advisors
Connie is a leader in HR&A's nationwide planning and open space practice with expertise in implementation strategies for public-private partnerships. Core to her work is the pursuit of inclusive economic development.
Principal, GroundWork Development Company
As an independent design consultant, Steven integrates local values of economy, sustainability, culture, and human sensory into his work. Prior to his work as a consultant, he was a firm leader at Design Workshop.
President, Phillips Development Strategies
From 2009 to 2018, Patrick served as Global Chief Executive Officer of the Urban Land Institute. Prior to this role, his career focused on economic analysis of real estate and land use, including serving as CEO of ERA AECOM.
Continuing Education Credits
This course is approved for 1.0 Professional Development Hour (PDH) through the Landscape Architecture Continuing Education System (LA CES). To earn 1.0 PDH (LA CES):
- View the full webinar above.
- Complete the short quiz by following the link below. (You must score 75% or higher.)
- Wait ~2 weeks to receive your confirmation email once the quizzes are graded and results submitted to LA CES.