Welcome 2020-2021 Board of Directors!
The 2020-2021 LAF Board of Directors began its term on September 29, 2020 at the virtual LAF Annual Board Meeting. Monte Wilson of Jacobs became President, succeeding now Past-President Lisa Switkin of James Corner Field Operations whose leadership helped the foundation navigate the changes, uncertainty, and opportunities of these exceptional times. Kofi Boone, ASLA, becomes President-Elect following two years of service as Vice President of Education.
Roberto Rovira moved from Vice President of Research to become the Vice President of Leadership, succeeding Brian Jencek in this role. Director Michael Johnson became the Vice President of Research, Director Diane Jones Allen became the Vice President of Education, and three other officers continue in their positions on the executive leadership team.
- Vice President of Research: Michael Johnson, ASLA, Smithgroup
- Vice President of Education: Diane Jones Allen, PhD, FASLA, University of Texas at Arlington, DesignJones
- Vice President of Leadership: Roberto Rovira, ASLA Florida International University, Studio Roberto Rovira
- Vice President of Communications: Rebecca Bradley, ASLA, Cadence
- Vice President of Finance: Po-Sun Chen, Brightview Landscapes
- Vice President of Development: Daniel Martin, Hon. ASLA, Permaloc Corporation
Stephanie Rolley, FASLA, AICP of Kansas State University, Skip Graffam, FASLA, of OLIN, Stephanie Grigsby of Design Workshop, Richard Heriford of Landscape Forms, Deborah Marton of New York Restoration Project, and Andrew Zientek of A\Z Landscape Architecture retired off at the end of their terms, which included a three-year extension for Stephanie Rolley and a two-year extension for Richard.
Nine new Directors joined the LAF Board, bringing experience and insights from a variety of landscape architecture practices. Breeze Outlaw, a 2016 Olmsted Scholar, and Chris Torres, a 2012 Olmsted Scholar, were selected for the open Director positions for Olmsted Scholars. The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) soon-to-be Immediate Past President Wendy Miller, FASLA, and the Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture (CELA) Vice President of Research and Creative Scholarship Taner Özdil, PhD, serve on the LAF Board of Directors in an ex-officio capacity. Welcome to the new board members:
- Keith Bowers, FASLA, RLA, PWS Biohabitats
- Alexa Bush, City of Detroit Planning Department
- Keiko Tsuruta Cramer, ASLA, WRT
- Emily McCoy, ASLA, Design Workshop
- Alpa Nawre, Critical Places | University of Florida
- Breeze Outlaw, ASLA, Sasaki
- Richard Roark, ASLA, OLIN
- Margie Simmons, Landscape Forms
- Chris Torres, Superjacent
These changes bring the total number of board members up to 34. LAF is honored to have such an accomplished, passionate, and engaged board of directors! We look forward to working together to advance our many programs and initiatives that increase the influence and impact of landscape architects to create a more sustainable, just, and resilient future. Thanks to all for your commitment and service.