Welcome 2022-23 Board of Directors!
The 2022-2023 LAF Board of Directors began its term on November 11, 2022 at LAF's Annual Board Meeting and events in San Francisco. Roberto Rovira of Florida International University became President, succeeding Kofi Boone, FASLA, of North Carolina State University, whose leadership helped LAF realize the highly successful Grounding the Green New Deal Superstudio and Summit and leaves LAF poised for future growth. Michael Grove, FASLA, PLA, a Principal at Sasaki, became President-Elect following a year of service as Vice President of Development and four years of service as a Director.
Directors Elaine Kearney and Signe Nielsen stepped into Vice President roles, while five other officers continue in their positions on the executive leadership team:
- Vice President of Finance: Connie Chung, HR&A Advisors
- Vice President of Development: Elaine Kearney, TBG
- Vice President of Communications: Sierra Bainbridge, MASS Design Group
- Vice President of Research: Signe Nielsen, Mathews Nielsen
- Vice President of Leadership: Alma Du Solier, Hood Design Studio
- Vice President of Education: Alpa Nawre, University of Florida, Critical Places
- Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Alexa Bush, Kresge Foundation
Monte Wilson of Jacobs, Rich Centolella of EDSA, Tim Duggan of Phronesis, Dorothy Faris of Mithun, and Michael Johnson of SmithGroup retired off the board at the end of their extended terms. Breeze Outlaw of MASS Design Group and Christopher Torres of Agency Artifact rotated off after serving as Olmsted Scholar representatives. Tom Mroz, FASLA, of SmithGroup rotated off after serving in an Ex Officio capacity as the ASLA Representative. Thank you for your dedicated service!
Nine new Directors joined the LAF Board, bringing extensive experience and knowledge from landscape architecture practice, industry, and the nonprofit sector. Sandra Nam Cioffi, a 2012 LAF Olmsted Scholar, was selected for the open Director position for Olmsted Scholars. ASLA Immediate Past President Eugenia Martin, FASLA, will serve as the ASLA representative.
Welcome to the new board members:
- Sandra Nam Cioffi, Ink Landscape Architects
- Gonzalo Cruz, AECOM
- Rob Gray, Hoerr Schaudt
- Clarence Lacy, RIOS
- Scott LaMont, EDSA
- Lauren Leighty, SmithGroup
- Jade Paul, Jacobs
- Gary Sorge, Stantec
- Steve Schepers, SiteOne
LAF is honored to work with such a talented, committed, and distinguished group. We look forward to the ambitious year ahead as we continue to advance LAF's mission and support this incredible discipline of landscape architecture!