2013 CSI Research Fellows Announced
Nine faculty Research Fellows have been selected for LAF’s 2013 Case Study Investigation (CSI) program. CSI is a unique research collaboration that matches LAF-funded faculty and student research teams with design firms to document the benefits of exemplary high-performing landscape projects as Landscape Performance Series Case Study Briefs.
Research Fellows lead the CSI collaboration, work with firms to identify performance benefits of select projects, develop evaluation methods, and oversee the case study production process. These select faculty members receive an honorarium and funding to support a student research assistant.
The selection process was highly competitive with applications received from over 20 researchers and 32 firms from across the U.S. The following LAF Research Fellows will lead the eight 2013 Case Study Investigation teams:
- Maria Bellalta, Boston Architectural College
- Aidan Acker, Boston Architectural College
- M. Elen Deming, Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Jinki Kim, Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- G. Mathias Kondolf, Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley
- Mary Pat Mattson, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Taner R. Ozdil, Ph.D., University of Texas at Arlington
- Roxi Thoren, University of Oregon
- Bo Yang, Ph.D., Utah State University
Congratulations to this accomplished group! Stay tuned for an announcement of the projects and firms selected for participation.