2014 CSI Research Fellows Announced
Eight faculty Research Fellows have been selected for LAF’s 2014 Case Study Investigation (CSI) program. CSI is a unique research collaboration that matches LAF-funded faculty and student research teams with design firms to document the benefits of exemplary high-performing landscape projects as Landscape Performance Series Case Study Briefs.
Research Fellows lead the CSI collaboration, work with firms to identify performance benefits of select projects, develop evaluation methods, and oversee the case study production process. These select faculty members receive an honorarium and funding to support a student research assistant.
The selection process was highly competitive with proposals received from over 27 researchers across the U.S and abroad. The following LAF Research Fellows will lead the seven 2014 Case Study Investigation teams:
- Chris A. Martin, Ph.D., Arizona State University
- Michele Palmer, Cornell University
- Ebru Ozer, Florida International University
- Mary Pat Mattson, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Brad Collett, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Taner R. Ozdil, Ph.D., University of Texas at Arlington
- James P. Richards, University of Texas at Arlington
- Leena Cho, University of Virginia
Congratulations to this impressive group! Later this week, we’ll announce the projects and firms selected for participation — stay tuned!