Thanks for a Great Year!
The Landscape Architecture Foundation (LAF) invests in research and scholarships to increase our collective capacity to achieve sustainability and cultivate the next generation of design leaders. We’d like to thank our many friends, donors, and partners whose generous support helped us accomplish the following in 2015:
- Awarded over $120,000 to students through scholarships, fellowships, and research assistantships.
- Produced 17 new case studies of exemplary landscape architecture projects with 6 faculty-student-practitioner teams.
- Recognized 72 new Olmsted Scholars, including the $25,000 graduate and $15,000 undergraduate national winners.
- Awarded $12,500 in mini-grants to faculty to develop and test models for integrating landscape performance in design education.
- Launched the new $20,000 LAF Honor Scholarship in Memory of Joe Lalli, FASLA.
- Received two ASLA Professional Awards: The Award of Excellence in Communications for the Landscape Performance Series and an Honor Award in Research for the Case Study Investigation (CSI) program.
The coming year is even more ambitious as LAF celebrates its 50th anniversary with a landmark event and the launch of several new initiatives. Save the date for LAF’s New Landscape Declaration: A Summit on Landscape Architecture and the Future on June 10-11 in Philadelphia. And look for the unveiling of a new Leadership program to help practitioners build capacity for transformative change. Stay tuned for announcements about these initiatives – and more! – in the coming months.
We couldn’t deliver these innovative programs without our many supporters. Please consider investing in the Landscape Architecture Foundation in your year-end giving by making a tax-deductible contribution online or learn about the giving [at] lafoundation.org (many ways to support LAF).
LAF is a tax-exempt organization under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your charitable contribution is deductible to the full extent allowed by law.