Thank You for a Remarkable Year!
The Landscape Architecture Foundation (LAF) invests in research, scholarships, and leadership initiatives to spur the profession forward and cultivate the next generation of design leaders. As the year winds down, LAF would like to thank our many friends, partners, and donors for their indispensable support during this ambitious year.
In 2017, LAF continued to spread the bold aspirations in our New Landscape Declaration with conversations at over 60 firms, universities, and ASLA chapter events and the launch of a new book. The ideas from a powerhouse of leading designers and the resulting call to action have been called an “excellent way to define our commitment to the environment, ecology, and health” and “an eloquent call to action for the immediate and long future of our profession and our world.”
Generous support from donors allows LAF to strengthen and embolden the profession with innovative and influential initiatives like the New Landscape Declaration, as well as our transformative programs. Together, we accomplished the following in 2017:
- Awarded $135,000 to students through scholarships, fellowships, and research assistantships.
- Kicked off the new $25,000 LAF Fellowship for Innovation and Leadership with the first cohort of six recipients engaged in projects that address a range of issues — from homelessness to water resources in India to K-12 career discovery.
- Recognized pioneers Cornelia Hahn Oberlander, OC and the U.S. National Park Service with the 2017 LAF Medal and Founders’ Award.
- Funded landscape performance research to bolster non-profit organizations, community leaders, and advocates as they make a case for more sustainable practices and policies
- Awarded the final round of mini-grants to faculty for a total of $50,000 invested in developing and testing coursework on landscape performance.
Thank you to all who devoted their time, thought leadership, and financial support to these efforts. LAF is honored to support this profession and help make our collective aspirations for change a reality.
Please consider investing in the Landscape Architecture Foundation in your year-end giving. Together we can increase our influence and impact at this important time when the services and talents of landscape architects are so vitally needed. Give online or learn more about the giving [at] lafoundation.org (many ways to support LAF).
Our friends at IRONSMITH will match up to $10,000 of your donations made by Dec 31!
LAF is a tax-exempt organization under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your charitable contribution is deductible to the full extent allowed by law.